Save yourself the trip to your local Walgreens or post office, and include passport photos in your next conference. This is the perfect courtesy for your guests, employees, or clients, if there's an international conference or meeting coming up in the near future.
We'll make you look great!
What are the requirements for passport photos?
We will follow the United States Department of State's Passport Photo requirements to ensure your guests can use their printed photos for their upcoming (within 6 months) passport application or renewal. We've pulled this information straight from the source here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/photos.html
The following requirements must be met to use our photos for your passport-
The subject's head must face the camera directly with full face in view. Mugshot style
- The subject must have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open. We'll try our best to NOT have fun with this.
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis. Make sure your guests dress appropriately or our attendants will have to make a wardrobe swap with them!
- Photos must be taken in the last 6 months. This one is out of our control, sorry guys and gals.
- We must use a plain white or off-white background. Don't worry, we will use an off-white tension backdrop.
- Photos must be sized correctly
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) Our attendants will cut your guests photos (2) out of their 4x6 printout, leaving a 4"x4" take-away that is perfect for the upcoming conference's save-the-date.
Subject's head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. This sometimes takes multiple shots to get perfect, but our attendants are trained to ensure compliance.
- Photos must be printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper. Our dye-sublimation printers will do this and do it quickly.
- Photos must be printed in color. Duh, we got this too!
- Subjects cannot wear glasses. If you forget, we'll remind you.
- If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application.
- Subjects cannot wear a hat or head covering. We'll remind you about this as well.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of recognized, traditional religious attire that is customarily or required to be worn continuously in public.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for medical purposes, submit a signed doctor's statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- Subjects cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices. ...and we'll remind you about this.
Tips to make the most out of your passport photos session
You're getting more out of your meeting by including passport photos, but why stop there? Here are a few tips and suggestions to go one step further
- Print out applications for new and renewal passports for your guests to fill out on right there
- Include addressed and stamped envelopes
- Collect the envelopes and mail them out for your guests. Now that's service!
- Use the remaining 4"x4" printout to give your guests a tangible take away. A save the date for the upcoming international meeting is a perfect way to show your guests that you've thought of it all.
- Are your guests already looking sharp for this conference or meeting? Why not include professional headshots as well? You can even add a little more personality by changing up the backdrop color.
- Have fun with it! Well, you can't really have fun for the photo, but you can take another photo!